Monday 30 August 2010

Aapam

Aapam is another popular dish that people from Southern part of India have in their breakfast...To make aapam, special utensil called 'Aapam Chatti' is used. This dish I learnt from my friend Sangeetha  http://sangeetha-girish.blogspot.com/



Ingredients:
  • Rice pwd: 3 cups
  • Yeast: 1/2 tbsp  (dissolve in 1/2 cup water)
  • Salt: to taste
  • Sugar: 1 tbsp
  • Coconut: 1/2 (grated) (I used dessicated coconut)
Method:
  1. Mix rice pwd, coconut, yeast, salt, sugar with water (~ 1 cup) and keep aside for 8- 10 hours (may be overnight) for fermentation.
  2. Take Aapam chatti or non-stick pan (I didn't have chatti, so I used non-stick pan ) and spread mixture  on it. 
  3. Oil it slightly from the edges and flip when done.
  4. Flip again and serve hot with kadala curry, pickle or coconut chutney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *