- Rice: 1 cup
- A pinch of saffron dipped in 2 tsp milk
- Yellow food colour- a pinch (optional)
- Sugar: 1/2 - 3/4 cup ( to taste)
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Green cardamom pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Dryfruits: Almonds, cashews, Raisins
- Wash and soak rice in ample water for 10-15 mins. Drain the rice.
- Heat ghee in pan. Add dry fruits and green cardamom pwd.
- Add rice and 2 cups water. Take a boil at high flame.
- Cover and cook rice on low flame.
- When rice is 80% cooked, add sugar, saffron and yellow colour. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for few more mins until done.
- Serve hot.